I'm looking out the door right now, and I am looking into a war zone. Roofs are blown off, trees are strewn about the streets, and cars are floating down the street like inner tubes in a lazy river. In fact,I'm here on my couch eating my Lighthouse Bagel (thank god they are still open), which I acquired by sea-kayaking down Whalehead Drive to the Food Lion shopping center.
KIDDING! Nothing really serious happened. It was pretty freakin windy and rainy, that's for sure, but we didn't lose power, nothing flooded except a few spots in Whalehead, and the storm surge didn't even make it over the dunes. We went out on the beach last night around 11 to take pictures of us crazy kids in the hurricane. Mom I know you're not pleased, but we're ok. The only damage I suffered from this morning was a pretty massive hangover from consuming a tad too many hurricane beverages.
As much as I joke, we are really lucky. Earl missed us by about 90 miles. Had it made landfall on Corolla, we would have been in real trouble. Nothing like that has hit the Outer Banks since Isabelle, and the damage I hear was pretty incredible. This island is so vulneable...the sound water is so warm, houses are near sea level....some serious shit could have gone down. But thankfully, we're all still here, safe and sound. But who knows- Hurricane season isn't over yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment